So another topical debate! Prompted by the forum topic raised by Paul Nini: "In search of Ethics in Graphic Design"
We all varied quite radically in our views. I was trying to understand what Paul was saying. I think he's basically trying to say that we need to get our marketing right. If we do that, as well as taking into consideration the rest of the public in an "inclusive design" kind of way... then we are on track.
In some ways I very much agree with this opinion as it seems common sense to me. But then if we are always worried about how the work will be perceived by the audiences / users then surely this will stifle creativity. Maybe as society is becoming more "PC" there will be underground designers producing work free from responsibility, in a similar way to user generated content in web design.
Tuesday, 8 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment