Thursday, 4 December 2008

Client Meeting

I met with a client yesterday about a potential website. It was very beneficial because I haven't been to see anyone that I don't know before! My first thoughts were that I didn't have anything other than the website to show. So I put together my selling points onto a letterhead. I took this along with the prices from my website page just on A4 pieces of paper, a blank brief and my business card

I didn't feel as prepared as I could be however. The client asked lots of questions about me and my work so I think I need to gather together a portfolio (even though they can view them online), and I would also like a professional looking brochure (either 1/3rd A4 or A5 size) to back me up.

One other thing that came out of the meeting was that the client wanted someone to write all his content for him. This is not something I currently offer as writing is not my forte and I don't have the skill to produce something as professional as what he's looking for. So I've asked a couple of people to quote me for copywriting and I'll add this as a service in future

I think I've learnt a lot from this meeting and feel excited about other potential meetings.

No comments: